Create this simply stunning succulent wreath with just 5 easy steps.
- Gather your materials
You will need the following:
- Moss Wreath
- Succulents both large and small
- Florist wire
- Reindeer Moss
2. Soak your wreath with water until it is saturated and sponge like. About 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Start to arrange your larger plants where you want them. These larger plants sometimes do not have stems so you will have to secure them with a bent 1 to 2" piece of wire. You don’t want to pierce the succulent, you want to go around it to hold it in place. So slip the wire around the stem. You won’t even notice it.
4. Poke holes in the wreath with a pointy object, a pen or a pencil will work just fine. Then start to place your filler/smaller plants in these holes securing them with bits of wire but also being sure not to stab the plant. Your smaller plants should fill in the space between your larger plants to cover the empty space.
5. Place your colored moss around the plants to cover holes and wires showing. This moss can be pressed into the existing moss with a pen or pencil as well. Just enough to secure it to the form. Continue adding moss until you have the desired look you like.
Now you have stunning living succulent wreath to display for months because the plants will take root and grow into the wreath. This is an excellent weekend project and will complement anyone's home decor! Come in today and find all the supplies you need to create this living work of art.