Check out this great recipe from our friends at Bonnie Plants!
Recipe by P. Allen Smith
Made with mint, parsley, and other natural ingredients, these treats are healthier than most commercial dog biscuits, and will freshen Fido’s breath, too. Just three simple steps and you’re done! (Download a PDF version of this recipe project.)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 2½ cups dry oatmeal
- ⅛ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, diced finely
- ⅓ cup parsley, diced finely
- MIX wet ingredients first, then fold in dry ingredients and stir until mixture is the consistency of oatmeal cookie dough.
- SCOOP out dough by the spoonful and roll into balls. (Ours are about 2-tsp size; we used a small melon baller to get uniform scoops.) Place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- BAKE at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until light golden brown. Let cool. Store extras in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 months.